Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

If you are petitioned -NIW by your current company are there

Customer Question

If you are petitioned for EB2-NIW by your current company are there any obligations to stay after the petition is approved? And if so what's the recommendation?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Once the petition and green card are approved, you don't have to keep working for the current company but you you need to continue working in the field specified in the NIW petition to continue to benefit the US. Otherwise USCIS could revoke permanent residency.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jennifer. That's my understanding if you self petition for NIW - but I just want to confirm if the petitioner is a company do you have any obligation to stay in your current company after the green card is issued and if so how long do you recommend?

If it is a company then there is no legal time you must remain, but it is recommended that you stay at least 6 months in case there is ever a suspicion of fraud. Best of luck!

Hope that helps and that I have earned your positive rating.