Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My name is sangduk. i want to take my nephew who graduated

Customer Question

my name is sangduk.
i want to take my nephew who graduated high school in south korea and let him study in US. can he have student visa and i-20 form?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ForeignBorn.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I assume you mean that your nephew wants to study in college in USA. If so, then yes he can, although you do not actually do anything - he does. He applies for admission at a school and then also applies for the visa. He would need an F1 visa - see HERE.

You can see the steps to take to get an F1 visa HERE.

If there is a certain school he wishes to go to, then that school's INTERNATIONAL STUDENT OFFICE will often work with him to handle the application and immigration paperwork.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.