Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

On 04/29/2001, petitioned her sister Mayela to become a LPR.

Customer Question

On 04/29/2001, Sandra petitioned her sister Mayela to become a LPR. USCIS sent a RFE, but since Sandra never responded the case was considered abandoned and it was denied. If the evidence would have been sent, the I-130 would have been approved. Can Mayela still use this petition as protection under 245i?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my names is Jennifer and I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Does Mayela have the receipt notice for the I-130?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mayela doesn't have it and Sandra can't find it :( A FOIA was requested so they have the case or receipt number.

Yes, Mayela can still use this protection under INA 245(i). She is grandfathered in if it was properly filed and approvable the time that the petition was filed on her behalf.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

-----