Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I just apply ..Month ago...I would like to visit my

Customer Question

I just apply for asylum..Month ago...I would like to visit my girlfriend..She works on a cruiseship...It starts in florida and finish in florida..But some of the ports are in Mexico and Bahamas..Can I take a cruise on the ship...?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

NO! You cannot travel outside the US while your asylum application is pending. If you leave then you would have to seek asylum in the next country you enter and abandon you claim for the US.

You can travel to FL to meet your GF on shore, but you may not take a cruise.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith