How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3803
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Travelling to India without AP My mother in law is in the

Customer Question

Travelling to India without AP
My mother in law is in the hospital and just got admitted to the ICU. This has been going on for the last 10 days. She desparaely wants to travel today.
Current situation:
- I am in AOS status since 2008. Both of us have EAD.
- Applied for AP on 10/07
- Have not received the receipt number yet
- Tried to go to local Atlanta field office to get an emergency AP, but they denied it on friday since the Hospital in India wont give us a document saying condition is life threatening.
My question - would it be ok to travel and hopefully when we get the AP, I can mail it to her so she can come back. Would that be ok? I have heard they want to do a biometric to issue the AP?
Also - what other implications would be there.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cell phone is(###) ###-####- feel free to cal me directly.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

I see see you requested a phone call. We are not permitted to call you directly, without offering and you accepting an additional services offer. Would you like me to send that to you? You can review it with no obligation to accept it.