Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

A man of Somali origin who served s sentence in San Diego is

Customer Question

A young man of Somali origin who served his sentence in San Diego is now held at immigration detention center pending deportation under the pretext that he is not a citizen. He was born in Yemen on April 21, 1993 and came to the US as a child with his mother who now lives in Hopkins, MN with three children. He had graduated from high school. If released his mother is ready to take him back. Is there a way to release him from detention so that he could join his mother and his brothers and start a new life?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

What was his status before he was arrested and served his sentence?

How old is he now?

What was he convicted of?

What was his term of confinement?

I have not yet heard back from you, but I have to leave the site for a couple of hours. I will return, so please be patient and do not request assistance from another Expert or post a new question on this topic. Rest assured you will continue to receive assistance this evening.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid $53+5 and now Expert James wants me to pay him $38.00. This means I am paying twice for the same service. Is that fair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an answer to my inquiry. I notice there is a kind of stalling or evasion on your part.

Sir/Madam:

Nobody is stalling. You can see from the thousands of excellent reviews I have received that I good at my job.

I asked you for additional information almost 1 hour before you responded to my request for information. And I still have not received the information that is required. Please respond to those questions so that I can answer you accurately and fully. I will return by 8 PM central time to give you the answers to your questions. I don't know why you were being asked to pay five dollars again an additional $38 all I see that you've been asked to pay his initial amount you deposited. For information regarding the deposit you've made, you should contact customer service at***@******.***.

In the meantime, please do answer the questions I posed for you almost 1 hour ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) He was a high school student when he was first arrested. The second time he was arrested,he was student at city college
2) He was born in Yemen on 04/21/1993
3) He was convicted of fraud by means of credit card
4) His term of confinement was three years or so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To ***** - immigration attorney
Please convey your answer for me by phone at(###) ###-####Mohamed Dad

Thank you for your patience. I promised you I would be back, and I am. As for the phone call, that is an Additional Service, which costs additional fees.

Also, you still have not provided me with all of the information I need. Again, what was his status before he was arrested? When I say status, I don't mean what grade he was in. I mean what was his immigration status? Was he a permanent resident with a green card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Mr. James
He was a permanent resident with a green card. You can give me your answer by email and not by phone.. May I thank you in advance.
Mohamed Dad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mr. James - immigration attorney
I will grade you positively after I hear your expert advice.
Mohamed Dad

OK, thank you very much. How much was the loss for the credit card fraud?

If you can provide me with the exact code for the crime for which he was convicted, and confirm it happened in California, that will also help.

Hi Mohamed,

It has been more than an hour since I responded, and an 1 hour, 25 minutes since you viewed this page. It is now 12:19AM, so I have to go to sleep. I will be back in the morning to continue assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. James, the young man in question was convicted in San Diego. I don't have any details regarding the fraud in which he was involved. However, I believe that I was tricked and that the trick worked on me. You have perplexed me with endless questions which shows you don't have any answer for me. I am so sorry for I didn't expect such a thing to happen. Good bye.
Mohamed Dad

Mohamed,

I don't understand what the problem is. Have you never worked with a lawyer before? In order to give answers to questions, lawyers have to have ALL of the relevant information. If you don't want a good, accurate answer, then that's fine. That is your choice. But I do not make it a habit of providing answers to legal questions without knowing exactly what happened.

The answer you give in regards ***** ***** much the victims were defrauded for helps me determine what options are available. If he defrauded them for $10,000 or more, then it results in one outcome. If it was less, it results in a different outcome.

That is how the law works. If depends on the specifics of each case. If you want a general answer, that's fine, I can do that for you. But I think you are here to get an accurate answer to your questions.

Please let me know whether you want to continue until you get an answer to your questions, or whether you want a refund.