Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I got my wife papers about fifteen years ago under a spouse

Customer Question

I got my wife papers about fifteen years ago under a spouse law that had a five year window. We assumed her daughter would be included but she was not. How do we go about making her a resident?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Where is her daughter now? If inside of the U.S., what visa did she use to enter? You married her parent before she turned 18?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If your step-daughter entered the U.S. on a valid visa like a B-2, for example, and she is single and under 21 and you married her mother before your step-daughter turned 18, then you can file an I-130 and I-485 for her and the other associated forms and she can get U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. If she is over 21, then that poses a problem, but you need to answer my previous questions so that I can help you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.