Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Greencard overstay question.

Customer Question

Greencard overstay question.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You are asking if you will be granted a SB1 Returning Resident Visa?

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

If it is a returning resident visa you are applying for many things are taken into consideration, in addition to what you mentioned above.

The consul looks at whether you held a return ticket to the US when you left.

Did you pay your US income taxes while out of the country?

Did you work for a US company when you left and not terminated that employment, expecting to return to it?

Did you engage in employment abroad while you were there?

Were you under court order not to depart the country while your legalmatters were pending?

Are you able to document this with your court records from the docket?

So it depends on the answer to these questions to determine whether it is likely you will be able to obtain an SB1 visa.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith