Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

As to the last question, I am still wondering if we would

Customer Question

As a follow up to the last question, I am still wondering if we would return to the US for interviews or be interviewed in Germany.. Also, how would it take to get the work permit with the form I 765?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

He will have most likely only one interview outside of the U.S. to receive the K-1 fiancee visa to come to the U.S. After he enters the U.S., you have 90 days to marry him and then filed the following forms: I-485 (application for Lawful Permanent Residency), I-765 (Application for work permit), I-131 (Application for Advance Parole), G-325a (Biographic data - one for each of you), I-693 (Medical exam that a certified doctor must fill out), and I-864 (Affidavit of support). You will need to file each form with supporting evidence and appropriate filing fees. You can find these forms at http://www.uscis.gov/forms.

The supporting evidence that you would file would be birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce certificates if either of you have been married previously, proof of your U.S. Citizenship, proof of your spouse's legal entry into the U.S., and financial documents to prove your income over the last year at least.

In about 3 to 5 months after filing, he should get a work permit and Advance Parole. About 5 to 7 months after filing you should get a marriage interview (though now it is taking longer, so maybe closer to 7 to 9 months). If all goes well, a few weeks later he should get a Residency status (green card).

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!