Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My wife and i where married in philippines on 03/07/11

Customer Question

My wife and i where married in philippines on 03/07/11 according to our marriage certificate. We now want to file petition for her to come to states. On the i-130, for alien relative form the question asked how long we live together, 02/14/11 till 03/ 07/11 and i returned to states on my passport 03/07/11. We apart now for 4 years because i am trying to support myself and 2 kids here and my wife and 2 kids abroad. My question is will i have difficulties on my petition because of way dates line up?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

That is not a problem. You must just be honest. There is no rule that you must have lived together recently. It is not a problem that you have not lived together all these years AS LONG as you will have documents proving you actually are together such as: birth certificates of children you have together, joint accounts, logs of emails, logs of chats, proof of mailing you send her.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I am just checking whether you were able to read my answer and if you needed me to clarify anything.

Please let me know. I hope I have earned your positive rating.

Thanks!