How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107553
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Currently I am on H1- visa, and applied card and awaiting

Customer Question

Currently I am on H1-b visa, and applied for green card and awaiting for my priority date for applying 485. Last year I got married, and i slowly recognized my wife purposefully married me for immigration benefits. She is on H4 visa and got her H4 EAD recently. She immediately left home after she got benefited and now she filed a retraining order against me in family division of a superior court. I am OK to restrain from her as I already filed for divorce the same day. I don't have any arrests, police records or medical records against me. If the family court grants restraining orders with my wife's DV allegations will it effect my H1-B extensions,Visa Stamping and green card in future? Should I fight this restraining order hiring a costly lawyer (OR) rest in peace waiting for my divorce following restraining orders of court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Absolutely! Not only to keep you out of trouble, but to keep someone like that from using you for an immigration benefit. There are few things that upset me more than this type of situation. Do NOT let her get away with that. Have you separated already? Living in different locations?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I would fight it. I would also cut any direct contact with her, no meetings in private, only public places, etc. What you want to avoid is her being able to make up some story of you abusing her to try to use that to perhaps get a U visa so that she can stay. And of course, it would also affect you being able to get a green card if you are convicted of domestic violence. It is a deportable offense. So try to avoid contact with her and get that divorce done and fight against any allegations of abuse.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions