Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My friend came in to the US back in 1960 give or take on her

Customer Question

my friend came in to the US back in 1960 give or take on her fathers passport father married and shes been here ever since went to school graduated got married in 1979 her husband recently pass away she need to get ID they are telling her shes not a citizen cannot get ID she needs help ASAP what can she do, feeling hopeless
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

Was her father a US citizen? Was her mother a US citizen? Was she born in marriage or out of wedlock? What year was she born?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!