Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am an American female and my fiance is. We would like to

Customer Question

Hello, I am an American female and my fiance is Peruvian. We would like to get married in Cusco, Peru, but I require a prenuptual agreement that would be valid anywhere. I would like to know if anyone is familiar with prenups between Peru and the US, and how to go about getting one. Thanks. Thanks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

There is no such thing as a prenuptial agreement that is valid anywhere as each country has different laws. However, in a case like yours of an American living in another country and possibly moving to a third country or another state in the US one day, the best thing to do is to work closely with a family law attorney who specializes in international law and has experience drafting agreements that will be valid in other countries relevant to your particular situation. In that way he or she can confirm with lawyers in Peru and wherever else you may plan to live that the agreement is drafted correctly for that jurisdiction as well as for the US. I can refer you to one here in the US that should be able to help, here is his info http://www.international-divorce.com/

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again- I am just checking in if you were able to view my answer to you. Do you need me to clarify anything for you?

Hopefully I can earn your positive rating. Thanks!