Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I got my H1b visa from A company in June 2014. I got it

Customer Question

Hello. I got my H1b visa from A company in June 2014. I got it stamped at my home country in Dec 2014. I got laid off from this A company in May 2015. Got another job offer from Company B in Sep 2015.Lawyers are filling for new H1B via Premium processing and initially told that you can take the approval letter and re-enter via mexico or canada. Now they are saying to leave US asap and they will send me the approval letter to that address. What shall i do? Please help.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If you have been out of H1B status since May 2015 when you got laid off, that is why they are telling you to leave the US as soon as possible. Because if you are in the US for more than 6 months without legal status, you can receive a 3 year ban from returning to the US. It is important that you depart as soon as possible.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again- I am just checking in if you were able to view my answer to you. Do you need me to clarify anything for you?

Hopefully I can earn your positive rating. Thanks!