Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My husband is being transferred to Saudi Arabia soon and

Customer Question

My husband is being transferred to Saudi Arabia soon and when he was filling out my information for my visa, it asked if I had ever been arrested. In 2008 or 09 I was arrested for public intoxication. I paid the fine and had it expunged from my record. Do I need to declare it on my visa application?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWR: Unfortunately, yes, it should be disclosed. Why? Because it asks if you've EVER been arrested. It does not ask if you have arrests on your record. Also, expungement does not necessarily mean it is hidden from all background searches. In fact, even if a case is expunged from public state records, it can still show up on a FBI background check. The only way to truly get rid of it all together it get the conviction expunged. For that you, you;d have to speak with a criminal lawyer.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info

OK, so you did not request additional information, correct? That's fine. But before you go, please do not forget to give me credit for doing my job. You do that by actually giving me a positive rating - 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job. And as I am sure you would agree, we all want to get credit for doing our jobs. Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.