Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

This is so complicated. I will just state what is true and

Customer Question

This is so complicated. I will just state what is true and important. When my son was born in 1977 Dec 11 my girl friend soon took him to here home country of Colombia. I stayed in contact, but she kept me at arms limit. Then in 2006 I got him to meet me in Toronto where he soaked relief from Colombia for being gay. He tried the USA but Canada responded first. After I got some bad advice from an internet agency, they said I should adopt him, so I got a local attorney to do that without telling here all the story. All went well, evidence was presented and the adoption was granted in Knox county Supiour court Knox county, Indiana. The problem occurred when we went for a drivers lenience. They said we just missed it by one week of getting this ID, as a Social Security number was now needed. We went to SS and all went well until the head of the local office informed my attorney "I have all I need to issue, but I am going to contact Chicago to make this harder." He told this to my attorney! Jill Doggett, Hart & Bell Vincennes, IN 47591. This was 2007 and SS has held us off ever since. They will not write letters so I'll have file letters. They will not give me info for us to check FOIA. Department of state says they are waiting on SS. SS says they need clearance from Department of HS which we have "over the phone only." he is listed on local household bills. He even got a letter from the State of Indiana Federal courts to be on a jury, so Indiana fully believes him a citizen. The SS just keeps throwing stones in our way. We have our spirit broken. Also Department of state says after he was adopted 5 years he was a citizen. I do not understand this Catch 22. I am going to have to be moved to a nursing home soon unless I get help. He is my will, my power of attorney, my double son jet he is highly restricted in seeing me. His name is***** born 11 DEC 1977 in Monroe City, Harrison Township, Knox county, Indiana 47557. Most of his information is listed under my social security number xxx-xx-7433. (###) ###-####is my cell, home is(###) ###-#### I am beyond begging. I cry each day because I let my son sown and can not seem to fix it. Mr. Kerry Dean Teverbaugh.
By the way Alejandro had to fly to Chicago for an interview and I was told it went well, but still no paper work. PLEASE! I am on SSI.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

If he is your biological son, why would you have to adopt him? Also, you adopted him after he turned 16?

Did you adopt him before he turned 16? Did Canada offer him Asylum? How long has he been in the U.S.?