Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My uncle(US citizen) applied parents under f4 in 2002 so now

Customer Question

my uncle(US citizen) applied for my parents under f4 in 2002 so now there interview is scedueled in next month but my name is not in the list , why? currently i am 22 years old.They said to my uncle that will decide about my case at my parents meeting, so will i get visa and if yes how much time will it take now?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Unfortunately since you turned 22 already, there is a big chance that you will not be able to get the visa. If your parents believe that you qualify under the CSPA, Child Status Protection Act then they can discuss it during their interview. That will depend on when your parents application was submitted and when it was approved. If you do qualify for CSPA then it will take an additional 2-4 months. But I must tell you, usually if you qualify you would have been called in with your parents.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again- I am just checking in if you were able to view my answer to you. Do you need me to clarify anything for you?

Hopefully I can earn your positive rating. Thanks!