Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I am from Nepal and My employer is processing GC under EB2

Customer Question

Hello, I am from Nepal and My employer is processing GC under EB2 category for me.
I have got my PERM and then I-40 approved last week. My problem is my 6 year H1-B will be expiring soon on Nov-13. The problem is I-485 processing takes 3-4 months. and I just have 1 month before my h1 expires.
Ques:
1)Can I get an extension for my H1-b for 7th year with approved I-40 even though EB2 visa is current for ROW?
2)If not what is the next possible solution to tackle my problem?
3) DO I have to leave the country after H1B expires? Can I come back as soon as I-485 gets approved
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. NOTE: You do not need to do that until you get answers to your questions; just make sure you do it before leaving the site today.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

What is your priority date?

When is it current?

Did you already submit the I-485 for Adjustment of Status?

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!