Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

How can I expedite spouse visa which is currently at NVC?

Customer Question

how can I expedite spouse visa which is currently at NVC?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. NOTE: You do not need to do that until you get answers to your questions; just make sure you do it before leaving the site today.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

What is the basis for expediting the case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Financial loss

Is your spouse's priority date current?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am gonna explain you little;
I am U.S citizen, applied for him on october 2nd, 2014, petition got approved and I paid AOS fee on 29th May and because of technical issues their website was down and on june 17 they sent me email to pay DS-260 fee which i mailed them insteat of paying online as website was still down and i was able to submit visa application online on july 5th 2015. After that I sent my all civil documents in August and on 25th August 2015 they sent me email that they need 30 days to review all Documents. When 30 days were passed I called them, there was no update yet and lady told me that my Ds-260 which was submitted on July 5th also not been reviewed yet and she sent for supervisor review which takes 42 days approx.

OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

During this process, it will be my goal to provide you with a positive customer service experience. But please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, consider my customer service, not the state of the law of the outcome of you situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger.

I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the NVC, not me. I can only control my customer service to you. Thank you for your understanding.

ANSWER: Unfortunately, I'm afraid I do not have very good news. According to the NVC, if a visa is available for your relative’s category, and their case involves a life or death medical emergency, processing of your case may be expedited.

If you are determined to try because of the strange circumstances, that's OK too. It will not hurt your case.

To request a review for expedite, please submit a letter (or statement) to the NVC with an explanation of the situation, the severe financial loss and with supporting documentation.

This documentation may be in the form of a scanned attachment to an e-mail.

But I would not expect a positive result, since this is not a life or death or medical emergency.

Keep in mind you are not the only person who this happened to. And usually, they do not expedite cases for situations in which a lot of people are experiencing the same thing.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.