Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I recieved my first RFE in May, husband's 2014 tax

Customer Question

Hello, So, I recieved my first RFE in May, for my husband's 2014 tax returns. Due to his ownership in business, the Corporate tax return needed to be prepared before the individual tax return could be; which was exteneded until September 15, 2015. For
that reason, we sent other evidence to show his ability to support me (however, I didn't send a cover letter explaining this, we just sent the documents). Since I haven't recieved anything since, 3 weeks ago, I checked my status online, and saw that the second
FRE was emailed to me on August 18. I submitted a request for a new copy, and recieved an e-mail that they will review it, and mail me their decision by October 3. Because I was afraid to wait that long, I sent my husband's tax return, with the cover letter,
explaining everything, last week to their Chicago address I found online, because I remember sending my first RFE response to Chicago. When I checked my case today, it still states: As of September 11, 2015, your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you
did not receive, referral number XXXXXXXXXXXXX, is currently not assigned for processing. We will review your response to our request and mail you our decision. I even called them, and the person I talked to said I should just wait for another copy. I am so
stressed out. I cannot sleep. Can they deny me over this? I did everything I could. Thank you!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. NOTE: You do not need to do that until you get answers to your questions; just make sure you do it before leaving the site today.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

I want to confirm that this is for a marriage based immigration process, correct? Which one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came here on a K1 visa.

Please respond to the following inquiries:

You said: "I submitted a request for a new copy, and recieved an e-mail that they will review it, and mail me their decision by October 3.

RESPONSE: Review what, exactly? The RFE you sent? Or the request for a duplicate copy? When did you send it in?

You said: "I sent my husband's tax return, with the cover letter, explaining everything, last week to their Chicago address I found online, because I remember sending my first RFE response to Chicago.?

RESPONSE: So the update for September 11 was about something that happened before you sent in this letter, since the letter was sent in after September 11?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Review the request for a duplicate copy I submitted for on September 11.Last week I sent my husband's 2014 tax returns with a cover letter (since I don't have my RFE notice yet). However, no change whatsoever when I check my status online.I am just wondering, can I get denied if my deadline for sending what is required in the RFE expires before me even receiving the notice I never got in the first place?

Yes, it is possible for one to get a denial if the evidence requested is not submitted on time. But there are also exceptions to the rule, where you missed the deadline for reasons that were outside of your control.

Also, you made a request for a duplicate copy, which helps to avoid such a denial on this basis. And this should be on your record. Also, when you did eventually file the RFE, you gave an explanation that should over you.

Even if this does not work out easily, it is possible to rescue things. The best thing you can do is contact the USCIS and speak with a Tier 2 specialist. Explain everything to him/her and they will create a record of communication. That will be helpful in this case.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Hi again,

Thank you!