Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Oct31-2012 - I resigned on my H1- job with the extension and

Customer Question

Oct31-2012 - I resigned on my H1-b job with the extension and I94 valid until Jun-2103. I also had an approved I-140 petition. I had another offer from another company who were trying to do my xfr. They got back in Jan saying that they can't do the xfr since I was out of status and had to return back to my homecountry. I took two weeks to vacate and sell all property and returned back with family. Now the question is my current employer out of US is considering L1A processing for me in Jan2016. Would my L1A petition and/or stamping have a problem with my extended stay of 3.5 month in US almost three years ago?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Luckily, no. Because it was an overstay of less than 180 days, there is no automatic penalty. You may just have to prove to the visa officer that your overstay was brief and reasonable under the circumstances and that it will not happen again.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!