Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I have not been able to verify or confirm how my wife will

Customer Question

i have not been able to verify or confirm how long my wife will need to remain in the United Stares after we are married and are waiting for her Green Card. i have been variously given date of 2 1/2 months to 6 months. Is there a dfinitive answer.
I will be marrying a Mexican citizen in the US when she visits on a border crossing card and then we will submit the immigration documents.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. If you submit the application for advance parole (travel permit) on form I-131 then your wife will not be allowed to leave the US for 3-4 months. It has been taking closer to 3 months in recent months. She can leave the US before that, however her application for the green card wil be considered abandoned if she does. If her advanced parole application is not approved, she will have to wait until she receives her green card. That is currently taking 5-6 months.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello, I'm just checking if you received my answer. Is there anything I can clarify for you?