Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am from Italy, and I did not receive any funding from the

Customer Question

I am from Italy, and I did not receive any funding from the US Government, the Italian Government, International organizations or others.
I was a J1 student from August to December 2010.
Does the 2 years rule apply to me or do I need a waiver?
Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

The only way to make sure is to ask for an advisory opinion. However, what does your J-1 visa stamp say on it? And what does the DS-2019 say on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Guillermo,DS 2019 and J1 visas say that I was not subjected to the 2-years rule. Just need confirmation for peace of mind.

Well, like I said, the only way to guarantee it is to ask for an Advisory Opinion and that could take a few months. But I would feel confident that because BOTH the visa and DS-2019 say that you are not subject to, then you are not subject to. Here is a link if you still want to ask for the Advisory Opinion:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/advisory-opinions.html

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!