Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have approved perm and I 140 pending I am in 7th year of

Customer Question

I have approved perm and I 140 pending I am in 7th year of stay. I have 10 months left on my h1b can I change employer and if they file extension will they get 1 year extension? Making total validity of 22 month?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No you will not get an additional 12 months from the approved petition for your current employer when the new employer files the petition. You will get 12 months maximum from the new change of employer petition because that is all the law allows until the I-140 is approved.

The new petition does not tack on 12 months to the time remaining on the current petition.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith