Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I will be a citizen next year and then I will file a card

Customer Question

Hi. I will be a citizen next year and then I will file a green card application for my parents. I have two siblings under21, Will they get a green card immediate together with my parents?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unfortunately I have bad news for you regarding this. When you petition for your parents, they will be considered immediate relatives because they are parents of a US citizen. The downside is that immediate relatives CANNOT bring their dependents with them. THey cannot bring your siblings automatically. Once they have their green cards, they can petition for your siblings. The wait will be about 1.5 years unless the processing time speeds up by then. which can happen.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I am just checking that you were able to read my answer to you. Do you need any clarifications or additional questions? Please let me know - I would like to earn your positive rating.