Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I filed card and we were denied due to arrests. It has been

Customer Question

I filed for a green card for my and we were denied due to arrests. It has been 11 year from last arrest. Can I refile again?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Some immigration consequences are permanent depending on the crime. What was the arrest for? Were you convicted? Of what? What sentence or fine or judgment did you receive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I left out this is in regards ***** ***** wife not me. She was a arrested for and convicted for prostitution. She was given a fine to pay. Like I said before, this happen 12 years ago. When I fill for a green card for her it had been only 8 years from the conviction. So it feel into that 10 year window.

I know this is a touchy subject and I hate to ask, but unless you want to pay for a phone call (an additional fee to speak in private), I would need to know if she was procuring a prostitute or she was the prostitute. There is a difference in the law in this regard.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Was she procuring a prostitute or she was the prostitute?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on the "Call Me" option. So I was waiting for you to call me. Confusion. Anyway, My wife was arrested as the prostitute. Never in the act nor working as a prostitute. She was involved in a raid at a "Spa". where she cooked and clean. But, not speaking English and understanding what was going on, She pleaded Guilty. So it is what it is.

Sorry about the delay. I am out of town on business and have intermittent connectivity. Luckily, I have good news for you. There is a 10 year statute of limitations meaning that if more than 10 years have passed since the offense, and she has not engaged in that since then, then she can adjust status. Here is a link where you can look on the 2nd page:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86953.pdf

She must disclose the issue and provide certified copies of both the police report and court disposition, plus she should submit good moral character letters and any other proof that she had not had any other issues, usually police clearance letters should be enough.

I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. Check your email for that and follow the directions. These are my favorite cases to do. I enjoy them and have been doing them for many years. I cannot discuss my services on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all economical. You won't be disappointed. If you want to decline it, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But if you do decline it, PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Since I am not given a salary, it is the only way that I am compensated by the website. Use those smiley faces or stars. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because it says, To finish… I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.