Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Here I am, I cannot seem to enter into our new topic, or

Customer Question

Here I am, I cannot seem to enter into our new topic, or even see it under "My questions", so let's try again. Yes, unfortunately my RFE got tossed away, because someone put it with junk papers (we had an open house -for sale), so it was a hassle. Hence,
my notice is gone. I do not have the original RFE, as it said to be sent along with the documents, just like with this one. I don't get to keep them. I'm thinking of sending it, along with a cover letter, but that is where I am confused, because when I submitted
for a new one, I said I never even received it. However, that being the only thing requested for in the first place, and I didn't send it the first time, it is only logical that they ask for the SAME thing again, right? I do not know how to formulate my cover
letter, I can just write it as if I'm assuming that's what they want, and I don't want to be late. However I need the address, but I'm sure the post office has it in their records, I know the exact date when I sent it. I guess my question is, is it wrong for
me to "assume" what they want? To say that's what I believe they want, and do not want to be late as this is the second time they are looking for it, and then when (if) I get the notice, I will resend it. As I said, I tried to get the InfoPass appointment,
but October 7 is the only date available, which is too late for me. I can also call USCIS again, but I'm not sure they will provide me with the address.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again-- sorry about the issues on the website.

Let's try again here. I know that you have to send the original RFE when you reply, but you didn't keep a copy? Sorry to sound repetitive, but just want to make sure because sometimes we forget we made copies.