Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am desperately seeking an Attorney who practices in the

Customer Question

I am desperately seeking an Attorney who practices in the United States of America and Thailand to assist a family of six - Mother, Father and four children (one 9 year old boy, a 10 year old daughter and two pre-teen boys. They are Christian Pakistani Asylum Seekers who were denied Visas a year and half ago, living in a one bedroom apartment, and fearful to leave their "home".
We have the exit fees and airfare for them, and they have passports. where they will live in our home while until they will hone their English skills, learn Civics, and acclimate to American lifestyle.
It is my understanding that the Thailand Government will imprison them if they are caught, and if they survive cramped IDC cells, starvation and illness, they will then be deported back to Pakistan where they will be imprisoned, starved and executed. More likely they will another agenda for the little girl of marriage, rape, sodomy, beatings, and torture for what may be a short lifespan. If you can help, or desire assistance, I would be most appreciative.
They have been friends of mine for quite a few years, so much so that the mother and I consider ourselves to be sister,. The mother is a teacher, and the father worked in banking customer service, although he has stated that he will perform any job at all to support his family.
Would this be something which you are willing to undertake? If so, please email me at***@******.***
Thank you, ***** ***** reviewing this situation,
Sheila Buxton
Matawan, NJ
Thank you, ***** ***** for an expedient response, as time is of the essence.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is the basis of their persecution? Who would persecute them and why?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You are saying that they would be persecuted because of their religion? Are they in the U.S.? If so, how long have they been in the U.S.? If they are in Thailand but are from Pakistan, why can't they just go to Pakistan to avoid the persecution in Thailand?

They can ask the U.S. Embassy for Refugee status if they can prove that they would be persecuted because of their race, nationality, religion, social group or political opinion. If they can go back to a safe 3rd country, the U.S. will not grant them Refugee status. So for example, if they are being persecuted in Thailand and they could go back to Pakistan and be safe, the U.S. won't help them. Or if they are in Thailand and would be persecuted in Pakistan but Thailand will accept them, then the U.S. would not grant Refugee status. They would have to prove persecution in both countries on the count of one of those 5 things I listed, or persecution in Pakistan and that Thailand will not accept them to stay. Here are some links:

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees

Asylum Statistics:

http://www.justice.gov/eoir/efoia/FY12AsyStats-Current.pdf

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/eoir/pages/attachments/2015/03/16/fy2010-fy2014-asylum-statistics-by-nationality.pdf

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!