Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My wife had a card years, attended university in the states,

Customer Question

My wife had a green card for 15 years, attended university in the states, has a social security number, student loans and so on but we gave up the green card in 2011 because of being hassled entering immigration every time she entered. The immigration
officials advised us to give it up and told us that the detaining would happen with regularity due to our contract work overseas as a resident alien card means you need to reside in the US. The hassle was about living and working abroad but maintaining the
green card. We didn't intend to return and stay here this time but the situation was beyond our choosing. Now I'm worried about our family being ripped apart.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting my assistance again. Please, let's finish with the other question with a rating, and then work on this question at the same time.

Please answer the following:

What is your question as it relates to this background?