Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

This means my company need o bring I least 200,000 $ in

Customer Question

For Guillermo Hi, so this means my company need o bring I least 200,000 $ in cash ? We do already own a house in NY state and we have also a bank account in U.S. with 200 000$ - could they be used for this purpose? Merci, Eva
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me by name. $200,000 is a good amount for an E-2 visa. You cannot use the value of your home, but you can use the money that you control in your back account. However, to get the E-2, the money cannot just be sitting in a bank account. You will have to spend most if not all of it on the business like purchasing products, computers, hiring employees, etc. They want to see the business up and the money invested to grant the E-2.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!