Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Situation: My Chinese girlfriend and I have been seeing each

Customer Question

Situation: My Chinese girlfriend and I have been seeing each other off and on for the past 4 years. She and I first met at the University of Hawaii, where we were both students. She was a foreign exchange student. After graduation, I began working in China as an English teacher. We decided that we wanted to get married, but the laws in China wouldn't allow a foreigner to marry a Chinese based on my visa.
We want to get married here in the states now. I came back from China this summer, and have now started working as a full-time high school teacher.
Question: based on our situation, what kind of visa should she apply for? I heard that the fiance visa requires me to have worked and paid taxes in America for the past two years. But I was in China. What can we do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So your spouse is not currently in the U.S. at this time? Does she have a visa to enter? Which?