Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My questions are concerning if ill be getting denial or a

Customer Question

My questions are concerning if ill be getting denial or a delay on my visa paper work. I have a couple questions, I met my fiance online through Facebook in February of this year (2015) will this delay my process because we havent been together for 2 years?
. Facebook automatically deleats chat history at the experation of 6 months. I didnt delete these chats, facebook did, and so did skype with our skype video chats. Anyhoo I cant prove that I met him in February, But I have proof of March. Should I say I met him in March? I dont know how to get the history back when I cant even contact anyone on facebook to send me my chat history. Do you know any way I can get it back?
Also I went to see him in July of 2015 in person, we got engaged on my Birthday August 10th. And we got marries in front of a religious leader. We have pictures too, would that prove that were serious about marrying one another and that our relationship isn't fake? Do you suggest me to send in those photos so it can be more convincing?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

All that is required is that you have met in person within 2 years of filing the petition.

If you began your relationship online in February that is what you say and then provide the proof you have of your chats as of March.

Don't lie about anything anytime. Even the smallest misrepresentation can come back to haunt you.

You do not need to get back the chats from February.

I need to know if in the country where you had a religious marriage if that marriage is recognized as legal, valid and binding in that country?

If it is then you are already married in the eyes of US law.

You may be filing the wrong visa petition if the religious marriage is a real marriage in his country. What country and what religion so I can check the Dept of State website on this.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

I am most anxious to help you re-unite with your fiance. I have sent you an email offer for a telephone discussion if you feel this will be helpful to you in bringing your fiance here. The sooner you file the faster you will be together. I am here to help with that.

Judith