Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

When I came with my kids as immigrant with their mother

Customer Question

Hello when I came with my kids as immigrant with their mother which were an US Citizen. After 1 month they got their Green Card and later on They got their US passports , My question Is that necessary to get Naturalization Certificate for them ? I mean
what is their US nationality status ? do they need it in the future for anything ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: No they do not need naturalization certificates.

They are US citizens. The passports are proof of US citizen status.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir , Are you sure they don't need the naturalization certificates @ all in the future ?Thank you

Sir/Madam:

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: I cannot predict whether they will EVER need a naturalization certificate. I can only give you general information. And based on what I know TODAY, they have US passport which means they are US citizens. And they are not required to get a Naturalization certificate.

There may be some random event or process in the future for which a naturalization certificate might be requested, but I have no idea wen or for what reason that would be for. Again, I Cannot predict the future. And the passport is proof of their US citizen status.

Thank you!