Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I want to know if L2 visa applican need to produce Photo

Customer Question

Hi I want to know if L2 visa applican need to produce Photo Album as mandatory. What is the alternative for this. We have Marriage Certificate.Spouse Name added in Passport. But no marriage invitation card and Photo Album. Our marriage was a court registered marraige.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

No, an album is not required, but you should try to present evidence that your relationship is real. The more you have, the better it is. So for example, evidence as to how long you have been in a relationship, affidavits from witnesses to the relationship, maybe accounts that you have together, bills that you have together, insurance and other things that you have together. As an L-2, not much is going to be needed because you aren’t asking for a green card, at least not yet. By the time that happens, if it does, then you probably will have much more evidence.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Guillermo,Thanks for your reply. I read your response. I have few more things to be clarified on your response. When you say affidavit from witnesses. The marriage Certificate has witnesses as parents, So the affidavit that need to be made should it be done as one or if there are 3 witnesses we need 3 separate affidavits.Also my spouse has a passport and she has added my name in her passport. Is that not a good support to provide evidence as am her husband.Please advise.Regards,
Rajesh

As I said before, you don't need a huge amount of evidence for this type of case. It is not like you are applying for a green card. By the time that comes around, you will have much more evidence of living together and building a life together with your spouse. For now, the marriage certificate, passport with new name on it and maybe an affidavit or two should be enough. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!