Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My husband (married years) was deported in absentia 12 yrs

Customer Question

My husband (married for 3 years) was deported in absentia 12 yrs ago. I am a US born citizen, he is from China. We have been together 7 years. We have no children. Questions: 1) What do I and my husband need to file besides an I-130 and bona fide marriage exemption with USCIS? 2) What district is best for these deportation cases? Should we move to CA or NY? 3) What are the normal steps we will have to go through and is success (US citizenship for my husband) at all possible?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Why was your spouse placed in removal proceedings? What was the visa that he used to enter the U.S.?