I am James. I will be helping you today. My apologies for the short initial response and the confusing information. I misread your question but am clear on the issue now.
Please note that I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.
Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.
During this process, it will be my goal to provide you with a positive customer service experience. But please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, consider my customer service, not the state of the law of the outcome of you situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger.
I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. I can only control my customer service to you. Thank you for your understanding.
QUESTION: The american national university are telling me that they will not transfer my i20 and sevis fee but they will terminate my i20 and sevis status, so what should i do?
ANSWER: Unfortunately, I don't have very good news. The school is the only one who can decide whether they will issue you a transfer. Neither you nor the government can force the university to issue a transfer of SEVIS under these circumstances.
So your only option in this case is to leave the US and come back with a valid I-20 for the new school and a valid visa, or to get reinstatement, as you were told by the current university.
Unfortunately, those are your only options at this point. Had you entered the US 30 days or less before the start date, then the old school would have had to transfer the record. But because you came in on an initial F-1 more than 30 days before the start date, the school is not required to transfer your SEVIS to a new school.
I do think the best option for you - and the one that will take less time and effort - is to leave the US and come back with the valid visa and new I-20.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.