Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I have applied I-485 recently in EB1 category and got a date

Customer Question

I have applied for my I-485 recently in EB1 category and got a date for biometrics this 15th Sept 2015. I Sept 4th I got a "reckless Driving speeding" ticket in Virginia state and has a summon date of 8th Nov. I wanted to know if this impacts my GC approval in any way as this is crimnal with class 1 misdemeanor in Virginia state and during GC background verification it will be shown as summon and if convicted its a fine of $2500, license suspension and jail for up to one year. Please advice.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

What are the circumstances of this situation? What happened, exactly? Was anyone injured or killed? Please be specific, so that I can assist you to the best of my ability.

Also,if you can provide the offense code for the offense, that would be great.