Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My I-94 is expired in passport but i do have valid I-797 on

Customer Question

My I-94 is expired in passport but i do have valid I-797 on H1B visa. Now my priority date is current and ready to apply I-485. WIll my expired I-94 in passport create any problem for I-485 application? I didnt go to india since 2011 so couldnt get new stamping.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

That should not cause a problem. What counts is the latest I-797 that you have. If you look closely at the bottom, it should be a tear-off part that is a new I-94. So just apply like normal, filing the I-485 and providing a copy of that I-797 and also the last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs to show that you are still on valid H-1B and you should be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!