Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My daughter and I are UK citizens. My daughter is 14 years

Customer Question

My daughter and I are UK citizens. My daughter is 14 years old and is following an online homeschool course. She is a very talented athlete who is in full time training as an ice dancer (8 hours per day/5 days per week). She has been offered the opportunity to train full time with a partner who is a U.S. Citizen in Novi, Michigan With a view to competing internationally as resenting either the UK or USA as part of the national squad. The training facility and coaching team in Novi are acknowledged as the world's top training facility for ice dance but there is no academic comp met to the training since it is aimed principally at members of international Olympic squads. My question is what is the best way for my daughter and myself (as her chaperone and legal guardian) to remain indefinitely in the U.S. whilst she trains for the 2022 Winter Olympics?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is she nationally or internationally recognized yet? Is the treating center considered to be like a school, per se?