Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Form I-130 question 13 under parents did you obtain citizen

Customer Question

form I-130 question 13 under parents did you obtain citizen under your name-is this question for the petisioner?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No, it is not necessary, it will be in your spouse's immigration file even if he did not file an N-600. He can just use his US passport as evidence of his citizenship and they will see in his file how he qualified for that.

If you put his mother's Certificate of Citizenship # ***** his information about his status it will simply cause a huge confusion and delay the petition approval.

Just answer the question asked. Don't give any information to explain that answer unless there is a box that says to explain.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry-did you read the question number 13 is kind of confusing -yes the first part perteing to my husband
and the other question is estrange -second question-should I just put N/A
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but you have me confused.

What second question?

Under #13 there are 3 choices.

Your husband will choose the box "parents"

They ask if he got a certificate of citizenship in his own name. I am assuming he did no so he marks "NO"

Why would you put "N'A"? He can answer NO if he has no Certificate of Citizenship and is using his US passport as proof of citizenship.

It is not a trick question. Does this help you?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let's start fresh left hand side the peticioner my husband is asking for his brother to emigrate to U.S.
question number 13-how he should fill that out, thank you
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Same answer:

How did your husband get his US citizenship?

Does he have a Certificate of Citizenship issued to him in his name?

Is he using his US passport as evidence of his US citizenship?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
naturalization and yes he has his certificate, he will use a copy of his passport
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

If he was naturalized then he checks bos

"NATURALIZATION"

He gives his Certificate number, date and place of issuance which is on the natz certificate.

I don't understand why you are bringing the parents into this. It is very clear. He is NATURALIZED.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Judith-sorry but it is clear you are not reading the form or not familiar with it
that is why I ask you to read the question it is a box with it says parents right after the first question on paragraph number 13
I see your 36 years of experience are not working out for me. thank you
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately you are not reading the question correctly and are confusing it. The question is trying to determine how the petitioner got citizenship and gives 3 options for the answer.

1. Birth

2. Naturalization

3. Through Parents.

You have just said the petitioner was Naturalized so there can only be one answer box checked. NATURALIZED.

The parents have nothing to do with how the petitioner got their citizenship.

There is really no need to be insulting because of your confusion. I have not disrespected you and you need to show me the same respect and courtesy.