Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I need to know what all of the requirements are 30 year old

Customer Question

I need to know what all of the requirements are for a 30 year old Ghana resident to leave Ghana and come to the United States, and I want a complete list of all things required, thank you, ***** *****
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

The requirement for this visitor is no different than for one coming to visit from anywhere in the world that is not a citizen from a visa waiver country.

!. A passport issued by Ghana valid for at least 6 months after entry.

2. A valid US visitor visa from the US Embassy or Consulate Visa Fee $160.00

See this link http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html

3. Evidence of their travel arrangements as a tourist in the US, such as hotel reservations.

4. Evidence of ability to pay a per diem daily living expense while here. Generally at approx $100 per day.

5. Return airline ticket for the anticipated departure date.

Ghana has no requirements for her to be able to leave there. http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/FAQ.html

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the woman coming to the United States is going to marry me and she is not returning to Ghana, why would she have to have a round trip ticket?
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

You did not say anything about applying for a fiance visa petition or marriage here.

What visa is she coming to the US with?

"I need to know what all of the requirements are for a 30 year old Ghana resident to leave Ghana and come to the United States,

Judith