Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

You answered my questions a few months ago about my

Customer Question

Hi again. You answered my questions a few months ago about my then-boyfriend from Russia (we recently got married). He served four months in jail for multiple DUI's in the state of CT, then was detained by ICE (his work visa had expired a few months prior to that ). His pending domestic charge was recently reduced from assault to a misdemeanor (disturbing the peace) and the case was dropped. That was very good news. However, he had his bond hearing yesterday and was denied bond. We were obviously very stressed out by this and surprised. My husband's DUI's did not involve any accidents where someone was hurt or property was damaged. It seems very extreme to deny a bond based on the circumstances of his case... every one was expecting a high bond, but not a refusal to issue a bond. We are naturally very concerned about how this will ultimately affect my husband's deportation case. Any input from you would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

Who has him detained? ICE or the local police?