How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4310
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a firs degree felony and I need to Renew my card but

Customer Question

I have a firs degree felony and I need to Renew my green card but I am scared I might get deported I did one year in county jail is their hope for me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

I'm going to need you to explain a little better. What do you mean when you say you were in the process of deportation? _ were you before an immigration judge? IF so , did the judge terminate your immigration case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ice got a hold on me when I was in county jail 6years ago for a first degree felony I just did 7 month's I got an immigration. Lawyer and he got my case vacated because they didnt tell me the consequences of pleading guilty and they release me to come back and have a fair trial but then after all my courts the judge left e with a year of county jail and 3 years of probation and before my case got vacated I had a scentwnce of 364 days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a under the influence of a control substance. But that one didn't show up when I was in custody of ice
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you but that doesn't answer my case.. What happened with your immigration case? Did you see an immigration judge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I mean, doesn't answer my question. Sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess nothi g they release me for a fair trial I do t know if that's how you say it but I am scared now cause I needed to renew but I have papers say I. The disposition. Was 365 days and I guess the felony y still stayed but I don't wan to go renew if I have those charges because I might get deported is their anything o can do to reduce my felony so the charges are not dreportable o. My court the lawyer just told me they were going to release me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to Renew in 2014 on December
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to an immigration attorney and she checked my a number and says no charges but I am looking for options before going to renew my green card
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What is the current crime that appears as you being convicted for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first degree residential burglary that the crime I commited
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but you said something was vacated. What is it that your record shows you were actually convicted of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To tell you the truth I don't have any of the papers the attorney never gave me nothing but all he said that he could vacated the felony and another drug charbed that I had reduce to a misdemeanor bit yes it was the felonyi really don't know from were to start of in the criminal side or immigration
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but before I can answer you that is a very important/vital thing that you need to know. I cannot know whether you will have issues renewing your green card if I don't know what exact crime is on your record now. I suggest you do some research and go to the local courthouse and ask for your entire criminal record. Most important you want to ask for your disposition. That is your first step. Once you have that, you can return to this site and begin a new question post once you have all the required information.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the court house and got the record but they just gave me.the disposition and it was a sentence of 365 days but I can't get access to all my recoding cause they told me after certain years they get destroyed and the can just give me the disposition and the charge I have those
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I will be happy to help you, but please keep in mind that I don't receive a salary from this website. The only way I receive credit is if you leave a positive rating.