How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107584
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Lawyer, We filed an immigration application via DCF

Customer Question

Dear Lawyer,
We filed an immigration application via DCF process. My husband has already had his Immigration Visa interview in Guangzhou, China. He is a French citizen, but we both currently reside in China. The US Consulate officer rejected his visa because he needs to supply his police records from 2003-2005. At that time, he was a student studying in China and had a different passport #. He cannot locate this passport # ***** and the Chinese Public Security Bureau cannot provide a police record for this time period because they track it by passport #'s for foreigners. My husband has written a letter to the US Consulate explaining the situation, but it has still been rejected. Can you advise what we should do?
Helen Tong
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

The French government has to have some record of that passport. He should contact the French embassy in China and ask them to review his records and see if they can locate the old passport #. If they cannot locate it, then he may have to contact the proper authority in France that issues passports and that agency should be able to tell him the old passport #.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions