Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My name is bola ,my sister is us citizen and also a military

Customer Question

my name is bola
,my sister is us citizen and also a military personel
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What country were you born in?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

The country you were born in is important so that I can tell you how long you have to wait to get a green card. So which country were you born in?

Here is a link to the most recent Visa Bulletin:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-september-2015.html

You would be in category F4, sibling of U.S. Citizen. If you were born in any country EXCEPT Mexico or the Philippines, you would see a date of 15JAN03. This means that only I-130s filed on or before January 15, 2003 can now be used to immigrate to the US. This means that if your sister filed an I-130 for you today, it would have a Priority Date of 02SEP15 which roughly means that you would have about a 12 year and a half year wait for 2003 to get to 2015. This is a waiting line. There is nothing in the law that allows anyone to jump ahead of anyone else in line not even in the case of an emergency. So unfortunately, you would have a long wait and it doesn't matter that your sister is in the U.S. Military. That still doesn't allow her petition to jump ahead in the waiting line. If you were born in Mexico or the Philippines, the wait is about 18 years for persons born in Mexico and 23 years for persons born in the Philippines. I am truly sorry. I wish I had better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!