Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Card category E27 would be the same as E26 in terms of

Customer Question

green card category E27 would be the same as E26 in terms of marrying alien? There is no restriction of E27?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, E27 would be derivative of E26. But as far as there being no restrictions, that's not true. For example, the marriage has to be proven to be real, and if either had anything bad in their background a waiver might be needed. So you cannot say there are no restrictions, but it should be ok.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** question is actually as if one has E27, divorced, and he marries another alien, will the alien get the same green card in 2-3 years the same as she marries someone has E26?

If the E27 has a 10 year green card and then marries another alien, they can petition for the other alien like normal as long as the alien is not illegally in the U.S. If the alien entered with a visa and then overstayed, the E27 will need to become a U.S. Citizen to help the alien. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!