Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Thanks so much advice. Is this means that me and my wife

Customer Question

Thanks so much for you advice. Is this means that me and my wife will have no issues to cross the border as long as we can show the proofs that I work full time in Canada, own or lease a property in Canada, has all utility bills ( hydro, water, gas, cel
phone, cable tv, internet ) under our name, my children attend school full time in Canada, and we have both bank accounts and credit card accounts in Canada ? Anything else you can recommend to us to get ready when we cross the border next time ? Also, if
my wife is full time house wife, would it be an issue ? The border officer suggest us to wait for 3 to 6 months before coming back to US so that it will be consider as a reasonable time frame for us to settle down in Canada, is this what you agree and recommend
too ? Also, is there really no other option at all for me and my wife to serve as legal guardians simply for the purpose of accompanying them to go to school in the US ? As what I mentioned before, we can still always come back to Canada at least twice a month,
or even every weekend if we have to ? Or any other better option you know of ? I guess my main point is we are not going to stay in US permanently without leaving the country, and if to the extreme scenario we can always take our kids back and forth to school
and back to Canada every day since we actually live in the border city in Canada. Thanks so much again.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again- you are very welcome.

Is this means that me and my wife will have no issues to cross the border as long as we can show the proofs that I work full time in Canada, own or lease a property in Canada, has all utility bills ( hydro, water, gas, cel phone, cable tv, internet ) under our name, my children attend school full time in Canada, and we have both bank accounts and credit card accounts in Canada ?

No, I am not saying that you will have absolutely no issue but doing all of these things will increase your chances of being able to come in easily. It is still the decision of the CBP immigration officer at the port of entry to make the decision each time to allow you into the US or not. It is never guaranteed.

Anything else you can recommend to us to get ready when we cross the border next time ? You can also show that you or your wife are employed in Canada. That would help also.

Also, if my wife is full time house wife, would it be an issue ? It's not an issue on its own. If you have other documents to prove your ties to Canada then just because she is a house wife and is not working should not be an issue.

is this what you agree and recommend too ? I would suggest you wait a couple of months..

Also, is there really no other option at all for me and my wife to serve as legal guardians simply for the purpose of accompanying them to go to school in the US ? There is no specific visa for this. The other option I mentioned to you is getting an actual B1/B2 visa so you can stay longer.

As what I mentioned before, we can still always come back to Canada at least twice a month, or even every weekend if we have to ? Or any other better option you know of ? Only what I have already mentioned. No other option exists.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.