Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I read in Uscis webpage that an advance Parole does not

Customer Question

I read in Uscis webpage that an advance Parole does not guaranty the readmission to EEUU. I want to know specific what would be the risk, so I can decide to wait for her green card or the advance parole will be enough to ensure her reentry. Also, I need
to know how long will take my fiancé to received the green card (6 months or less or more?, so she can travel and come back to EEUU.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again..

There is never a guarantee that anyone will be allowed into the US unless someone is a US citizen. Even a person with permanent residence or with a visa does not have a guarantee. Someone with an advanced parole should not have an issue coming back in just like someone with a valid visa should not. However, the final decision is up to the officer at the airport from CBP. The only time that leaving with the advanced parole is riskier is if the foreigner had an expired visa in the US (out of status) when they applied for the green card. If your fiance will apply for her green card while she is still in current status and she will not spend anytime in the US out of status, then it's less risk.

The green card process is taking about 5-6 months right now to get the interview.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.

This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hola.. I just wanted to check if you were able to view my answer and if you have anything else I can answer for you?

Please remember I only receive credit when you issue a rating. Thank you in advance.