Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

When i attempted to leave nicuragua in july of this year

Customer Question

when i attempted to leave nicuragua in july of this year nicuraguan immigration officals stoped me. they informed me i had to pay the immigration fees due to the nicuraguan government for my living threre. I settled them at a reduced rarte. they stamped
my passport and let me board for the usa. Question. can i now reenter nicuragua with no problem.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have paid all of the fees to them for your duty, you would be clear to reenter the country at any time in the future. The only time you would be denied is if you owed them or failed to pay or violated their law. Paying the fee upon leaving cleared any issues you have with them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i settled with them at a price far was less than they asked me to pay on the onset. My passport has been stamped which cleared me by nicuragauan immigration to leave the country. your explation freed me to re-enter the country i hope.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this means you can reenter, even though they took less. The fact they stamped your passport means you would be cleared to reenter.

Please do not forget to click on positive feedback. Thank you.