Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have an extension letter year based on i751 remove

Customer Question

Hi
I have an extension letter for one year based on i751 remove condition on green card and my extension will end on october 30 , now i have an emergency and need to travel to my country for 3 weeks.. My question is if the uscis denied my case while i'm abroad, would i be able to come back to the states with the extension or not!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No, if your I-751 is denied, you will have no status to enter the US unless you are from a Visa Waiver Country not requiring a visa. You would have to purchase a one way ticket back to your country if you enter on the VWP.

That is a condition of being allowed to enter.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually im going back to egypt in a week and my mom is sick, i have to see her
Its been 2 years since i last saw her
So there's no way to come back if the case was denied???
One more question plz
Now its been almost a year and the immigration didnt make a decision on my case
How lonh does it take??
Im filing a separate i751 cuz i got divorced after one year from entering the usa
And my ex wasnt nice to me while i filed by myself but lately he helped me by sending a testimony to the uscis telling that he was the one who wanted the divorce and not because of anything bad but because he found out that we r so different from eath other after the marriage and i was good to him all the time.. bla bla
But actually i dont know why they been so late
Few months ago they sent me a request for evidence which i dont carry most of thei only sent pics for me and my ex,
Health insurance, car insurance and tax returns some testimoniea of my neghbors and friends that we were really married for a year and we lived together and they were visitjng us a lotIm just scared and honestly i aanna go see my mom

I am so very sorry you mother has taken ill. I will pray for her.

Unfortunately USCIS does not take this hardship into consideration if your I-751 is denied.

Have you had your interview?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No never
I dont know why
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanx for ur nice feelings

Your case WILL be set for an interview. Every waiver of joint filing is required by USCIS operating procedures to have an interview.

So you can safely go and return as long as someone is monitoring your mail and will be able to open anything from USCIS, scan and email it to you so you can get back here in time for the interview.

The case will not be denied without an interview. I believe your case will be approved since your ex wrote that leter and you had joint insurance, taxes, health insurance and affidavits from friends and neighbors.

However, you will still be called for an interview.

You cannot miss that appointment or your status will be terminated.

Judith